FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choosing seats in Business Class--Does it really cost me that much?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:28 pm
rapidex

Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore
"some people", perhaps, but I am definitely not one of those people. This policy is among the reasons why I will not fly BA. I do not subscribe to "airline loyalty" or chasing status. The degree to which airlines -- note plural, and thus not unique to BA -- have made it more difficult to enjoy a number of benefits from such "loyalty" programs is IMHO disgraceful at best, and I feel I'm being kind. As another example, look at the, again IMHO, absurd surcharges imposed by BA when using a "free"/reward ticket flying (in/out?) LHR unless one attempts to secure, if possible, flying on a partner like AA. No, thank you, my allegiance is unto myself where I fly based on the most convenient schedules and how I calculate value for myself; yes, including in paid biz class (usually), and being "nickeled and dime'd" to death in spite of what I can afford completely turns me off. The one, arguably, sole benefit of such airline loyalty that I perceive is the additional assistance to such loyal pax in the event of IROPS. That's about it.
There is no need to set foot in A BA aircraft to obtain status. You can fly with any Oneworld airline, and do your 4 flights on Comair in South Sfrica, or IB or codeshares.Loyalty programs are somewhat blurred around the edges.