FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:08 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I book groups, too.

The qualified spend details aren’t yet announced, but the elite nights for groups have been announced. If I remember correctly, it’s 10 elite nights for the first group/meeting, plus 1 elite night per 20 rooms consumed after that. The last is pretty much the same as SPG Pro in the final year or so.
How meetings will be credited night-wise going forward has not been announced. Marriott's getting rid or ten nights for each meeting after the first is a rumor started by a blogger. While it might turn out to me true, there has been no word from Marriott. The marketing materials say you get ten nights for the first meeting but nothing about subsequent meetings. The terms for the new program are "Coming Soon." Marriott has been using a version of getting ten nights and Silver for the first meeting since at least 2010, but people are jumping on a slight change of wording to indicate there will be a change. Members are planning to be done with their meetings where they need the nights for qualification by Aug 1 out of caution, but nothing has been announced yet so we do not know what will be credited after the change.