FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:26 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
There is no "voucher" as such. You have to contact Omega for the details (I say this in case it changed, and I don't want you to rely on this post), but essentially what they said to me was;

1. Book any BA operated flight, originating in London on 125 ticket stock.
2. When it comes to payment, put a false security number so that the transaction fails
3. Apparently the booking will still be created
4. Then you need to phone in to Omega, they will apply the discount and take payment over the phone, issue the ticket.

I haven't got around to actually doing any of the above. I would be interested if anyone has done so.

Thanks Rich
Thanks for this. I followed the process you posted and did my declined booking earlier today. As you say just enter the wrong 3/4 digit security code for your card on the booking so it gets declined. You won't get any reference number to quote, but your booking attempt should show as "Card Declined". I then called omega, mentioned the original TLV booking & booking reference, and the £100 voucher. The agent said I needed to create a declined booking which I mentioned I had done and after checking he could see it.

As I had already put all me details in for the declined booking he didn't need to take them again.

He then subtracted the £100 from the amount quoted and sent me an email whilst I was on the phone with the requoted amount and a link to click on to make payment. I submitted the payment and he then checked it from his end. He said the ticket and email confirmation would follow in around 2/3 hours - it actually arrived 10 minutes after the end of the call. Checked on BA.com and it all seems ok.

Overall not as painful as I expected, but clearly more hassle than simply having a voucher code. For reference I got my refund on my card about 6 days after I originally called.