FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Questions for 2018 about, guide to, listing of, compensation
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:20 pm
MikeShores

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
Date: 1 July 2018
AAdvantage Status: PLAT
Fare class: Y, , upgraded to J
What happened: DFW-ORD - first flight 1258 11:45 am (788) cancelled. Unknown reason why/none given. Special section added at 12:00 pm 9247 DFW-ORD (752). Departure delayed to 12:15, 12:25, and 12:40 due to the need to conduct cabin security screening and cleaning due to first flight of the day for the aircraft. Aircraft was at the gate at 11:30 am. My flight ORD-TOL was due to depart at 3:19. We arrived at 3:07. I hoofed it from K16 to G7, arriving after the door was closed but the aircraft still at the gate. That flight departed at 3:16, 3 mins early. (Yes, I know the 10 min before rule) I am now scheduled for a 9:55 departure to Toledo, with a midnight arrival, essentially 6+ hours delayed, due to "Cabin security check." following the essential switch from a 787 to a 757. Now I'm in Chicago and the weather is terrible. Worried I'm going to get cancelled tonight (CRJ) and they're going to claim "WEATHER" when ultimately it was their failure to get me from DFW-ORD in a timely manner. They've managed to lose my bag as well. The lie flat was pretty sweet though...and I wish AA would get rid of the seatback monitors and install those tablet holders fleet-wide.
Compensation: Unknown, haven't asked yet.
Comments:

What do you all think? Yes, this is a business trip, and it is important I am there tomorrow morning. There's a reason I left at 9:00 am from Austin to get to Toledo. I could have taken later flights, but figured I might have issues. AA didn't disappoint. Cabin crew DFW-ORD was amazing though...I, and several others of us, in FC handed over recognition chits.