FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anti-plastic movement and BA?
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:34 pm
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I'm asking out of curiosity rather than as an activist, although I realised the seriousness of ocean pollution when I saw what looked like a huge 'rubbish dump' of plastic items dozens of miles offshore while sailing, and I'd like to see that resolved because it was horrible to look at, can't be good for the environment, and I was worried that rubbish might get caught on the engine intake and cause problems (had that happen before and since, and a functional engine is much appreciated when there is not enough wind to sail, even for a sailing boat!).
May I ask? But did you or could you do anything about the rubbish dump you sail passed?

That would be the best solution towards the greater solution. Clearing up what we created or moving the problem out of harms way seems like a better idea. Understandably we can’t always play good cop and tackle the problem we see. I’d be disappointed if you sailed passed and did nothing. That’s where we all let each other down. Unless you have a perfectly valid reason why.