FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anti-plastic movement and BA?
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:12 pm
ginger50

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Just curious about what BA is doing to reduce single-use plastic usage, since there is a worldwide movement on reducing the use of them?.........
Oh Joy LTN Phobia, I am always wary of "activists" on their single issues, but as a frequent sea-goer over the last 40 years I too am horrified at the steady and (in my opinion) horrific increase in plastic waste in the oceans.... and on land. Simple initiatives like the final straw make a big difference. I too am horrified by the waste that comes from aircraft, and worst of all is that it seems to get bundled together as general waste. I would be immensely proud of an airline that introduced a policy on reducing waste - in particular plastic waste.

On a controversial note, the "Amenity kits" contain a lot of stuff I never use and goes in my bin. How about a CW "amenity bar" with the eye shades, socks, ear plugs, creams and unctions avalalble for CW pax to take?..... Ouch.... the best part of the amenity kit is the bag..... what would I put my meds, creams, insect repellents, and STUFF in if I didn't have those handy bags?

G50