FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Alaska suck now?
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:16 pm
MJMLBBtoCPH

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
Are VX FAs slightly rude? Or is it a millennial thing?

I am assuming the FAs for VX are still operating on only VX planes separately from AS FAs?

I've only flown VX a handful of times last fall and earlier this winter, but I could definitely detect among a few VX flight attendants and gate agents a certain level of rudeness or haughtiness to varying degrees (i.e. we are primarily here for your safety) when compared to the awesome friendly service I have consistently gotten from AS and Horizon, like the Delta commercial from when I was in high school in the 80s, "we love to fly, and it shows"

With the huge volume of times I've flown Alaska, it is difficult to remember any incidents where I felt like I was a burden to the flight attendants. AS flight attendants are so consistently courteous and professional. Of course, I've had some nice experiences with some flight attendants and gate agents on VX as well the last 9 months. So, I don't want to overstate my negative experiences on VX. But, I suppose I'm not down with the millennial-esque VX culture of Richard Branson. I prefer the formal professionalism and courteousness of Alaska. I've sometimes had the same flight attendants on AS who have recognized me. They seem like family. I worry about having to deal more with the VX flight attendants in the future and just hope that they either adapt and embrace Alaska or leave.