FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Questions for 2018 about, guide to, listing of, compensation
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:49 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I had a diversion on BWI-DFW-(SEA) about two weeks ago where we landed in OKC because DFW was closed. Ultimately sat on the plane for 90-120 minutes in OKC during which time i bookee myself a hotel and refundable Delta flight the next morning. AA failed miserbly to rebook me and the next mroning I learned there was nothing that entire day home apart from OKC-ORD-SEA flight I had found, but then declined due to weather issues in ORD that would have had another misconnect there.

I went into the airport in OKC the next morning and they were very apologetic and said there were no options at all that day. So I told them about my Delta reservation and said I was really feeling let down by AA. Aparently this got entered into some system and I got a phone call and a huge apology as well as 50k miles deposited into my account and a refund of the unflown DFW-SEA segment as compensation. I just booked my nanny on our trip to Spain this summer so that effectively makes one way of her biz ticket free which is nice. Not bad for not even really complaining.