FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Complimentary Upgrades Work
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:46 am
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I can't believe it has happened again!

On another upcoming flight, months ago I chose the free exit rows (17 - this is not a Virgin plane). Then a while back I saw that we had been "upgraded" to Premium, which I did not want. Well, the exit seats we wanted were no longer available, so we figured no big deal we'll just sit in premium. I wrote about this recently that I was annoyed I was tossed out of the exit row.

Well now it shows we owe $56 each for those premium seats!! What is going on??? I'm kicked out of the free seats I wanted, and am now expected to pay for seats I don't want?

I'm going to call on Monday but I just want to get some feedback here as to why this is happening and what I can do about it.

Leave the seats I pick alone!!!
How soon is this upcoming flight? I would leave it alone, don't call it on it just yet. Go the Alaska Contact Us webform (https://www.alaskaair.com/feedback) and fill out a complaint for your previous reservation where the agent moved you.
1) the system is broken & incorrectly charging an additional amount for already assigned Premium seats
2) the phone agent moved you rather than clearing the charges & escalating the problem to IT

If you do call in, and the phone agent wants to move you, escalate to a supervisor.