FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transiting CGK overnight QR->SQ - options?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:58 am
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Hi all,

Am flying into CGK 2 on QR landing at 10:15pm and have a connection on SQ the next morning at 5:25am, also from T2.

As I will be coming in from Europe, I don’t expect to be too jet legged and should be able to stay up until the next flight if there is a sensible option like a lounge to hang out in (Am KF Gold and also have PP).

I know there is a hotel airside at T2, but as I’ve got checked luggage with me, and I’m not sure QR will check it through to the SQ flight, I may have to go landside between flights.

So my questions are:

1) In case QR won’t check my bags through to SIN, will I be able to check my bags in onto the SQ flight the night before? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask...

2) If I have to go landslide to collect my bags, I won’t be able to access the airside hotel to sleep for a few hours. What do I do:

a) Is there a lounge landisde that I can hang out at overnight until check-in opens? Or should I go to a hotel for the net 3-4 hours that I will likely be able to be there for. Including disembarking, travelling to and from the hotel, it seems like a lot of hassle and time for the short rest I would get. Especially as there doesn’t seem to be a decent landslide hotel just outside the terminal.

What would you do?
there are alot of cheap hotel like ibis style, Ibis Budget or local brand like Amaris etc. You can get it for $20-30/ night. they provide shuttle to airport.

Check in counter should open 2-3 hours before the flight.

personally I would rather collect the bag in cgk rather than leave it over night in cgk.