FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:48 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You best ring up Customer Relations about this, you should get most of the following fairly quickly, some aspects may take longer.

Originally Posted by LBP2
  • If I had just taken this morning's flight would I have been able to claim EC261 + reasonable expenses?
Yes, that is clear cut.

• As I was effectively abandoned at SOU, and had no other option, can I claim the cost of my train ticket home?
Yes, I see no issue there, and given that the station is right outside the airport door, this would probably have been the best way home.
  • As I was booked in CW but was involuntarily downgraded to Y, and to another airport, is there anything due on that
Yes, you should get a downgrade reimbursement, but this will take time to calculation, and I doubt it would be much more than a tenner due to the way the calculation is done with APD on the outbound service (and presumably the low premium for CE on your booking). If you get someone reasonable in CR you may want to negotiate that away in return for some Avios.
  • As I had no chance of arriving at LGW by whatever route other than over 3 hours late, is EC261 due?
In the case of cancellations, the relevant breakpoint is actually 2 hours, not 3, so in any event I see no problems there.

• Most importantly, can I claim original routing credit JER-LGW and get the 40TPs which was the whole purpose of the trip anyway!?
See the main ORC thread for details, but yes you should be OK there, again mention it to CR.