FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:58 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JA610
This change also effected our PHL DTW SLC HNL trip booked through Delta Vacations. When I called them they stated that our out bound had 2 connections and that is all they could re-book us on. They they offered PHL DTW SEA HNL. I informed they that was not acceptable and we would cancel and book with someone else. They said that the we let me know in 24 to 48. Hours. Delta Vacations customer service is now poor at best.
I've had DL itself (not DL Vacation) even give me that line of reasoning. Very frustrating. Had SEA-ATL-RDU booked. When I initially booked, the SEA-RDU nonstop was a redeye flight so I didn't take that. After a schedule change on my SEA-ATL-RDU flight, I was looking at alternate options and saw the nonstop SEA-RDU had been moved to a daytime flight, leaving around the same time my SEA-ATL leg was departing. I asked DL to put me on the nonstop. They said no. Said they could only put me on a one-stop because that's what I booked initially, even when I explained that there was no daytime nonstop available when I booked. And this was last year when I was a DM and trying to get this. Even a couple HUCAs didn't help.