FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:22 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
returning PRG-CDG-LAX-SMF in premium economy, got hit with a schedule change resulting in a 6 hour LAX layover, up from our originally scheduled 3 hours and 30 minutes

because it is premium economy, not a lot of other options, can fly PRG-CDG-ATL-SMF and get home 90 minutes earlier. unfortunately nothing good to SFO either.

travel is not till fall so will let this marinate for a while I guess and see if an earlier LAX-SMF gets added back in...otherwise will have to decide whether to switch to ATL, or buy a separate $60 WN ticket on a more reasonable departure time and have them drop off the segment LAX-SMF. what i'm really hoping for is a business class sale so i can just take a refund or an exchange of the ticket altogether and get a better routing in a better cabin.
I realize you posted this a couple weeks ago, but my recommendation would be even if there are no further schedule changes, to still keep the LAX-SMF segment, even if you still decide to book the cheap WN hop. Reason being is you'll still be protected in this case, and could then apply the WN ticket towards a future flight. If you arrive on time, you'll have to claim your bags in LAX anyway, and then you can just head over and to the WN terminal for your flight. But if your arrival into LAX is delayed and you miss the WN hop, you still have your booked LAX-SMF hop, and DL would be required to get you to SMF, either on the hop you originally booked or on a later flight if you even misconnected on that one.

You do say nothing good into SFO - doesn't AF fly to SFO? Why wouldn't PRG-CDG-SFO work?
AF also flies into SEA. Would PRG-CDG-SEA-SMF be an option too?
ETA: VS has Premium Economy. Some potential options there. PRG-AMS/CDG-LHR-SFO (though double-connecting and only getting to SFO may not be ideal). Maybe PRG-LHR on Czech Airlines if there's a DL Codeshare, then VS in PE to SFO, or VS to LAX or SEA then onward to SMF?

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Jun 30, 2018 at 8:22 pm