FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Marriott Awards chart for SPG properties, published 28 June 2018
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:37 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by EdofFX
I was not referring to the PointSavers, but rather the new free night cert that comes with the SPG AMEX in 2019. It can be redeemed for any hotel night worth up to 35,000 points. In 2019, Marriott will have standard, off-peak, and peak period for the same hotel. With my favorite SPG hotel at exactly 35,000 points during standard period, they won't refund me the 5,000 point when that hotel will be worth only 30,000 points during off peak, but will be out-of-reach for me during peak periods when they want 40,000 points. The uncertainty is a negative for me.

This reminds me of the old Marriott Cat 1 to 4 cert that I had a hard time to use in NYC. There just isn't any Cat 4 hotels in NYC in areas that I was willing to stay at. There were years that I would just let the certs expire.
My point was if they keep rules similar to the existing MR rules for using certs you will not be allowed to use the cert for a hotel on a PointSaver redemption even though the hotel will be within the number of points on the cert when the hotel is on sale.