FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa {JOR}
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:43 am
Zephyr221

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta GM/Reserve
Hilton Dead Sea Trip June 2018

Introduction After a bit of a difficult check in and some confusion about spa and dining reservations made before our trip, we had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Dead Sea. We were upgraded to a wonderful suite as Diamond Honors members and received champagne, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, and a cake for my husband's birthday. Mr. Dewell, the Director of Operations, personally attended to us and ensured every facet of our stay was great. Helen took fantastic care of us in the beautiful (and adults only!) executive lounge for breakfast. She went out of her way to ensure our every need was met. Although we had some challenges with our reservation and seating at restaurant 1312, Chef Joe Barza personally greeted us and his food was delicious. The live entertainment sang happy birthday to my husband and gave us (another) complimentary cake. Omar, the manager, discounted our bill to make up for our reservation troubles, which really saved the night. The best part of the Hilton is the beach (skip the pool!) because it's right on the dead sea. Lounge chairs and beach beds are available all day, and the guys at the beach take care of you with great custom cocktails (try a sugar free mojito or margarita) from Marwan, a great bartender. Ahmed and the other lifeguards provide complimentary Dead Sea mud massages and salt scrubs up to 2x daily. This was the most amazing experience. We have never felt so refreshed. Lunch at Bacchus was wonderful-- try the large pizza which combines about 4 different types of pies into one. We had massages and mud wraps in the temporary spa (the permanent location is not yet open) which were amazing, and ended up getting complimentary facials thanks to Jorry, who arranged our experience. I'm sure when this hotel works out its minor kinks, it will be tops in the region for sure. We'd go back in a heartbeat. The Jesus Baptism site is about 10 minutes' drive away. Check In After a bit of a difficult check in and some confusion about spa and dining reservations made before our trip, we had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Dead Sea. Room We were upgraded to a beautiful sea view suite. Service The service at the beach was over the top-- custom cocktails, free mud massages and salt scrubs. The service at 1312 and front desk has some isssues, but I think these are just growing pains. Dining The food at 1312 by celebrity chef Joe Barza was great, though the service left something to be desired. Bacchus was great for lunch. Location Amazing location on the Dead Sea and just 10 minutes' drive from the Jesus Baptism site. Overall Despite some service issues, this is a top notch property that I am confident will work out its kinks. Beach Avoid the pool despite the attraction of hte infinity swim up bar, and head to the beds and lounges on the Dead Sea beach for free mud massages and salt scrubs after a float in the sea. Spa The spa is in a temporary location, but the massage and mud wraps both myself and my husband had were great. They threw in a free facial too!