FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:44 pm
mitchwebb

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Originally Posted by pinniped
I ran queries on a bunch of hotels I've redeemed at in the past or plan to in the future. Most were flat, slightly down, or slightly up. I considered Category Creep a rough "neutral" in my assessment, assuming that TP's are able to be redeemed at these levels for "peak" dates.
All our go to vacations are going to require a lot more points in the future.
London all three we like up 15,000 a night
Wailea Beach Resort Maui up 15,000 a night
Portland all the Hotels with Lounges up. Nines up 14,000 our other two up 10,000 a night

Walt Disney World just went up 14,000 points per night. Swan and Dolphin both up. On top of Dolphin just going up 9000 points a few months ago. Use to be hidden gem for kids vacation.

This doesn't even take into account that we travel spring break and over Christmas break every year. I need to start looking at some lower category hotels. Unfortunately as a family of five we often have to get two rooms. No wins I can see for us. Have only stayed at a Sheraton once and will start looking at that brand. Noticed a huge amounts of Courtyards going down.

I need to book our last Category 9. Was going to do adult trip to Greece but properties are only loaded until February.

Last edited by mitchwebb; Jun 29, 2018 at 3:46 pm Reason: typo