FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:31 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by chicago747
I noticed today that my ORD-SLC-HNL flight in November was switched from an B767 to a A330 on the long haul segment. I know that the A330 is a superior ride in J, but am wondering if a change in type of aircraft constitutes a big of enough change to warrant a free switch. The only reason I'd want to switch is I have some family going TPA-ATL-HNL and would like to fly with them. I tried calling yesterday but hold times for a non-elite was pretty long. If the answer is a resounding NO I won't even bother trying. The ATL-HNL switched to a B767 so I should probably hope the answer is NO

Thanks for any thoughts.
Aircraft type swap usually doesn’t get you a free change. You would have a case if it resulted in a change of advertised amenities (such as you were on an aircraft with lie-flats and now one with standard domestic FC seats or maybe with the new D1 Suitrs, if you were downgraded out of the Suite). But if the schedule wasn’t impacted, I wouldn’t bank on it in this case.