FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was in First, Now in Biz (equipment swapped)
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:58 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Roar
Thanks. It was international long haul - and the price was more or less the same as business (how would you even prove this after the fact?)

I even took an earlier flight because First was an option and I wanted to try it.... today I called UA to see if I could change to later flight and they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg. (And the woman on the phone kept trying to tell me it was "the same".)

I have been in the new Polaris... did just want to see what all the fuss was about in First...
I don't really know what to suggest but maybe you should try calling again and you'll get an agent that can understand that it's not the same thing. Keep it pleasant so they don't mark your reservation. If you recall the price difference, if it was a few hundred $, I would write and ask for the difference. They may disagree or just throw some miles your way but at least you would have tried.

If you are really lucky, the planes will be swapped again. Happened to us in May for our flight to MUC. (disclaimer: I was not in First so I was not going to lose anything, except when we got back the original plane I ended up with a way worse seat than my original seat)