FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long term plan for EWR PS lounge?
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:43 pm
J.Edward

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Often1
I don't see UA offering Polaris to TCON J anytime in the near future as that dilutes the entire branding and would either cause instant overcrowding or the need for an expansion right away.
Makes sense.

I'd wager UA, all else equal, would opt to open up Polaris lounges to PS J customers BUT not at the material degradation (e.g. crowding) of the product.

The only exception I'd encourage UA to consider is for "sleeper" PS service ex. SFO/LAX.

So for example, UA declares any post-3pm PS flight as a "sleeper" flight and offers access in SFO/LAX when their usage would otherwise be light (e.g. after the SFO lounge clears out the mid-day Asia bank).

Rational being a PS J customer can dine on the ground and then go straight to sleep on the red-eye. In the case of SFO based on today's schedule, this would be 6 flights (3 EWR + 3 BOS) and the exposure would be any J customer who did not already have access by virtue of a Polaris connection.

UA's exposure is contained to SFO/LAX - ideally when the lounge would not otherwise be busy - and EWR is completely excluded from access.