View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:38 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Hi,

I have some questions about GUF2:

1) Does BA still extend the expiry date? I have done in the past, but I'm sure I read somewhere that this is no longer the case.
2) Lets say I use my GUF2 - On BA I can price up LHR-DEL Return - Outbound 12/08 19:30 in PE and Inbound 22/08 01:50 in CLUB for 2 Persons at GBP 3057.22 Total. Is this good price? I would then like to my GUF2 for upgrade to CLUB on Outbound and Inbound to FIRST. Can a GUF2 be used across mixed cabins?
3) Final question, Both passengers would be travelling out on the 12/08. However one prefers to return on 22/08 and the other on 27/08. Is this possible? The price for both returns is the same.
4) Note the return in PE is double that of CLUB .. so it makes sense.
1) yes, 6 month extension is fine, also the booking just needs to be made by expiry date of the voucher with flights at a later date
2) yes it can be used for a mixed cabin return so you book WTP out and CW back, and then GUF so both end up in CW out and F back
3) not possible, if you want both to be on the same booking (so you can use a GUF2 to upgrade both) they must both be booked on the same flights

More information in the GUF guide linked ot in the dashboard