FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana service decline
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:42 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
First off, most of this thread is from two years ago, and in scanning the thread I didn't see any posts regarding experience in OZ F except the one very recent comment.

I've flown OZ F fairly regularly for quite a few years, as I fly a lot in economy and burn those earned miles with flights in F. The only cutback I've noticed in F was the elimination of the free gift, which happened a number of years ago. I've not noticed any changes recently, nor have I ever experienced a dirty uncleaned seat as the one report about F stated. Not at all belittling the comments from that poster, but rather adding my own experience which doesn't include anything of that sort having happened to me. I flew the ICN-JFK route in F just last year and the service was impeccable. A couple months later I flew KE LAX-ICN in F, and was quite disappointed in KE vs. OZ in F. Given the choice, I'd pick OZ every time.

The one comment in this thread that would apply to all classes was that of delayed flights. I've flown countless flights on OZ over the years, and have only had one transpac flight significantly delayed (as per the 3+ hours mentioned in the OP). I've had more frequent, but still not common, delays on flights within Asia, but not typically anywhere close to 3 hours, and most of those are due to flights that are arriving from China, where delays beyond OZ's control in leaving China cause a knock-on effect. AFAIK, none of the transpac flights are utilizing planes coming from China, so that issue doesn't exist for the JFK route.

In Y, I have noticed some cutbacks over the years, but I still consider OZ by far the best choice for Y for the routes I fly.

This year, when it comes time for me to burn more of my miles, I'll again be selecting OZ in F for how I use those miles, without any reservations.
Originally Posted by vinx
Joe, agree with you most of your comments!
Originally Posted by agjil
I think OZ downgraded the wine/champagne list for its F cabin substantially last year or so, and that would be the biggest cut in terms of service offering for their F cabin.
Thanks for the input! I barely drink, maybe one glass of champagne per flight; so that's not an issue for me.

So based on these comments, I'm going to try OZ F again at my next opportunity, which will be JFK-ICN(-BKK in J) in mid-July. I'll report back here afterwards.