FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:55 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So are you already at 2MM lifetime Marriott points (or very close to it)? If that's the case, I'm curious, what was the balance between your Marriott nights and SPG nights? In my case, I'm far from 2MM (though possibly achievable by Dec), and yet i was at 670ish Marriott LT nights (but only about 60 SPG LT nights). Thus I've been doing a few Rewarding Events meetings to not only get to 750 combined (in fact, overshoot it) but also to get close enough to 750 Marriott alone so that if 8b turns out to be "no" after all then I won't have a ridiculous number of Marriott nights to do the rest of the year.

But your focus on the "yes" answer to B8 implies that you're even further away from 750 on the Marriott-only side than I was perhaps?
Over 2MM points and between 650 and 700 MR nights and well over 100 SPG nights. Although I have personal and business MR and SPG credit cards, I don't know if I will receive more than 15 nights of lifetime credit for them. To be absolutely sure that I would end up with 750 MR nights, I would need 9 or 10 meetings before August 1. I simply decided that the cost to remove any uncertainty wasn't worth it. If LTPP meant more to me or if I thought the odds that nights couldn't be combined was higher, I would take the same approach as you are and push for 750 MR nights. I appreciate the discussion and the fact that you were the one who posted my question about combining MR and SPG nights.

Last edited by rny321; Jun 27, 2018 at 4:06 pm