FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know what's going to happen to the MSY Sky Club?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:53 am
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by oopsz
It's right there in his post - they're going to convert the old CONRAC to additional economy parking.

I'll say this - the airport desperately needs more parking. It's catchment area runs from Lafayette to Pensacola and on holiday weekends all the off-site lots fill up early friday. Even long term parking can be hard to come by.

I prefer USPark but my last few family trips I haven't been able to get a spot there. Recently we've just said screw it on parking and taken a cab or UberXL.
I was more referring to the interior areas with check-in desks and whatnot (and I also did not understand what CONRAC meant).

I'm glad parking will get better. The last time I flew out of MSY, I showed up two hours in advance and still made it to my flight right as the door was closing. I ended up ditching my car at a grocery store on Veterans and calling an Uber after exhausting all other options (PNF and other lots were full). If it weren't for Pre-Check and carry-on luggage only, I would've missed my flight for sure.