FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA not allowing me to check in for flight bought from Iberia
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:03 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by georgina80
Flying from Orange County/SNA to Madrid tomorrow. All flights on American metal, but bought ticket from Iberia because it was $1500 cheaper. I have gold status on American.

I checked in this morning. It allowed me to get a boarding pass (shows my priority status) for the SNA to Dallas segment but is giving me an error for the Dallas to Madrid segment. For some reason, there are two separate American booking codes for the two flights.

I am a bit concerned. The thoughts crossing my mind: will my luggage be checked through to Madrid (yes, it’s all on one Iberia ticket). Do I really have to wait until the airport tomorrow to check in for the second flight? What other issues could arise?

Anyone else experience this before?
This type of thing happens all the time when you combine online check-in, codeshares and int'l flights, I would not be concerned at all. Just get to SNA a few mins early and they will be able to get everything sorted, including checking your bags all the way to MAD and issuing your boarding pass for the DFW-MAD flight. Nothing to be concerned about.