FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miami Connections
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:30 am
chrisnj

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin
Thanks all good info there and much appreciated. I’ve two trips booked doing that route one in mid Nov and the other at the end of Jan so the afternoon thunder storms should be less of an issue. Got caught out by one of those before on a VS flight about 5 years ago that turned into the trip from hell as they diverted us to land at West Palm Beach which hadn’t seen a Jumbo in years and couldn’t refuel us easily, then the crew ran out of hours etc etc etc upshot being we eventually got deplaned into a holding gate around midnight, spent the night in there and another crew flew the plane up to MCO around 9am the next morning! Was really badly handled by Virgin and we haven’t flown with them since. Their loss as we we travel there 4 or 5 times a year in business. Might give them another go soon as they used to be my favourite airline.

Anyway I’m drifting a bit off topic there.

As mentioned in the original post we did go through Miami in January this year but we must have totally missed this connections security channel you mention as we definitely went back through the main security channel. Wasn’t a problem then as we had a 3hr window. Will keep an eye out for that in November though.

Last edited by chrisnj; Jun 27, 2018 at 10:32 am Reason: correcting typo