FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting an award segment ticket to a regular fare ticket
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:02 am
airb330

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Rent a car? I often do MRY-SFO-MRY rentals because I can get it for about $80-$120 which comes out cheaper than long term parking when I’m gone for 10-15 days.
And 6h in an airport lounge isn’t that fun. I was pretty much over the Frankfurt First Class Terminal in 3 hours. At least driving you get to do something and stay active.
Agree here. I would suggest to OP to rent a car or take Amtrak even. I haven't done PHL-IAD, but a long time ago I had to do PHL-EWR on Continental a few times and as everyone says here, they're the 1st flights to be canceled.
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
Depending on where you are, it might be wiser to book the ticket out of EWR rather than PHL. That would at least get you the opportunity to get a flight on mainline rather than the smaller planes out of PHL which will be the first delayed if there's the slightest bit of weather in the Philadelphia area. You'd also have more potential rebooking options to get to FRA if things went sideways.
Agreed. EWR may have more options AND it's definitely closer by car or train to Philadelphia than IAD. Also, go Blue Hens!