FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL YVR - TPE Business Class from US$ 1,907
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:46 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Right, but if you're a Canadian (or any other country passport holder starting in Canada) why would you choose to subject yourself to the hassle of US immigration if you're flying to a third country? Doesn't matter if the hassle is before your first flight or in the middle of your trip. If it were me I'd avoid the hassle if there were other options available.

As a US citizen/resident I think nothing of doing a connecting flight through a Canadian airport because I don't need to deal with Canadian immigration. And they're so nice, don'tcha know?
I am a Canadian Citizen with Nexus, Global Entry, TSA Pre and an Enhanced Drivers License. I think nothing of transitting the United States enroute to a third country whether that be Mexico, Costa Rica, into eastern Asia, Australia, Europe or the Middle East. Not much of a hassle at all when you only talk to one person on your way out when you drop off your declaration as you pass everyone not in a priority queue. Pre clearance in Canada makes it even easier.

For those that do not have other means to expedite International Arrivals into the US you should download the Mobile Passport App. You can make your declaration upon arrival at the airport (taxiing to the gate) and submit it to Immigration. No need to talk to anyone. Follow the Mobile Passport queue and they will scan your QR Code confirmation from the app and you are on your way. Works at most points of entry including some Cruise Ship Terminals and there is no fee to use it.

James