FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:20 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I'll hazard a guess that's a typo and it's going to be a $50 credit for each of the periods Jan-Jun and Jul-Dec.

I can foresee the secondary market for discounted Saks $50 gifts cards gaining momentum soon.

Shall we begin speculating on what benefit is going away on the Plat due to this Saks credit?
I figured it was probably a typo but you never know with Amex. I'll say this though, I'll absolutely get some use out of this credit, which is more than I can say for the Uber credit and Global Entry credit 4 out of 5 years. If they did away with either, I wouldn't be sad.

Originally Posted by Statman
If I were a betting man, I would go with the Uber credit going away seeing how they are launching their own credit card.
The Uber credit card is awfully attractive too but as someone who has never once used Uber stateside, I don't have a need for it, or the Uber credit from Amex. Now, if they'd make it so the Uber credit could be used overseas, as if it were, you know, a travel card, I'd be all in.

Originally Posted by acarney
Well I certainly hope the Saks perk can be used online since I don’t have a store remotely convenient to me....

I’ll probably burn this credit on cologne or something... and still have to cough up $15 to $20.... oh well at least they participate in ShopRunner, I’ll finally end up using that perk some....

edit: oh! I didn’t see the “Cotten face mask” for $100 that’s coming soon.... *rolls eyes*
Shoprunner is another "perk" that I think I've used once. I'm sure the Saks credit can be used online, finding something that is under $100 or two things under $50 on the other hand...