FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:16 pm
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Happy
There are no new rules other than there are a whole lot less CX premium cabin seats available than before, but again that is the case since last year, just getting much worse in recent months and now essentially to NIL in most dates. This is about the only NEW "rule" and is not just affecting AS but also affecting all partners.

Married segment is nothing new. It has been there since last year, and not just affecting AS. using AA miles have the same issue when trying to find availability. Often if you tag on bkk or sin you will find seats but if you just look for us-hkg you dont.

BA blocks 7 days close in since last year. It is "per CX request" to guard against fraudulent usage of Avios.

Blindly calling AS if you feel lucky or you have too much time in your hand.
I don't think most of this is accurate. I had no trouble finding leg-by-leg availability for many CX flights on BA's site in the past that isn't there anymore unless I search for married segments. The J and F availability is also WAY down versus what we saw two weeks ago.