FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana service decline
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:41 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Overall, this is disappointing. I've flown one "roundtrip" (LAX-ICN-JFK) in F, about five years ago, and loved it. Onboard service was perfect. A member of cabin crew was stationed to stand at the rear of the F cabin and watch to see if anyone needed anything. They did this in shifts and rotated. I had western food one way and Korean food the other. Both were excellent; I was particularly impressed with the western food. Right now I'm looking at options for a one way from SEAsia to JFK and was looking at OZ (that's why I'm reading this thread). Is really as bad as all that? It was so great before.

Originally Posted by Ducati
Anyways, for those complaining about the cabin temperature, just ask them to lower it. Simple. No FA has ever refused my request in any airline I've flown in, so it never hurts to ask.
A couple of years ago I was flying BOS-HKG in CX F. Departure is a bit after 1 a.m. I was the only pax in F and asked one of the cabin crew if the temperature could be lowered, as I can sleep much better when it's cold. She said, "Yes, certainly" and asked me where I would like it set. I asked for 19°. It was done and I slept great!

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Actually not really, most airlines when they cut cost it is limited to Y, ....
EY's cost cutting in F is much discussed over in that forum. And QR has pretty much gutted its QRPC frequent flyer program leaving it more or less worthless, the subject of several threads over there.

Originally Posted by Kacee
So I'm sticking by my original comment . . . nothing unique or special about cuts in OZ premium cabin.
This is all so disappointing to read. But forewarned is forearmed, I guess. Sigh.