FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:08 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yeunganson
The point I make is the use the "Rewarding Events" program is aim for medium large scale meetings and events.
If this statement weren't false, Marriott would have simply placed a minimum spend (or some other minimum component) on the promotion.

You seem to think that Marriott isn't wholly and completely in control of their own promotion.

I have absolutely no problem of people booking meetings outside of the Rewarding Event program - like those small ones for points and no nights.
What continues to be amusing to me is that *you* are concerned about how *other people* are using the product when, in fact, it truly does not concern you. I don't think people who go into Starbucks and order small coffees should get points in the Starbucks program.* I think people should have to order medium coffees to get that, and it makes me mad that all of those sneaky, dishonest, conniving small coffee drinkers are getting rewarded.

I absolutely agree trolls are not smart.
Your most self-aware statement of the week.

*I know nothing about Starbucks rewards program...merely that one appears to exist.