FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know what's going to happen to the MSY Sky Club?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:49 pm
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by pvn
What does BA do now? Is there no PP lounge at MSY?
There is no PP lounge at MSY - the SC is the only lounge there. There are no lounge facilities at all for BA pax. Condor pax flying J to FRA are out of luck, as well. As of now, BA provides pax eligible for lounge access a voucher (I think it's around $17) for food and drink at terminal bars/restaurants. I guess BA will find a way to contract with someone in the new terminal. A new lounge will be a much bigger improvement over the crappy Atrium Lounge in Concourse C.

Originally Posted by rylan
I can imagine security becoming a total zoo/mess with a large central access queue. While it'll be nice to get a new larger and updated SC, it was nice going to the D terminal and having almost no wait in the precheck line.
Hopefully it will be a streamlined, adequately-staffed checkpoint. Security at MSY can already be zoo.

Originally Posted by saxman66
I saw a list somewhere that included a Delta Sky Club, United Club, and a Priority Pass lounge will be included in the new terminal. I will update as soon as I find out.

Here is an article from today which talks about the vendors and food options that will be available. Much better than what is there now. They are scheduled to do an overnight move across the runway sometime in February 2019! As a local to MSY, I'm looking forward to it. I have a feeling parking will be a challenge, and the ride to the rental car facility will not be fun.
This is the article that precipitated this question. I'm really excited for the new airport! I have to wonder why they built the rental car facility where it is when they knew a new terminal would be in the works, though.