FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:22 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by davidsc111
What you fail to grasp is that they do have a business interest in incentivizing people to stay more than 50 nights. LTP and LTPP are the same as P and PP for guests currently staying all the time (minus the suite certs). It's like when AA only had three levels...I knew I would never get to 100k miles so as soon as I got Plat I switched to another carrier and had elite status in both. You're right if the decision only affected lifetime status members but it impacts everyone...so I suspect PP will be better than just P
I fully expect as an LTPP I will be excluded from any meaningful PP benefits that might be added in the future. Marriott will want to make LTP appear as a worthy goal so there is no incentive to add something to LTPP making it better than LTP. Already we are excluded from the SNAs or gift selection. It would be easy and would make sense for Marriott to similarly exclude us from other perks. While there is a business reason to reward those staying more than 75 nights, there is no reason to reward a closed group of people who are no longer staying much let alone make it appear that group is getting something that those who are working on LT can never receive. We are not PPs, we are LTPPs and already subject to restrictions on what we get versus PPs.