FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changed date & flight - ticket re-issued but ticket no. unchanged
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:43 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
No - that's fine. New ticket numbers would only happen if cancelled and completely rebooked on a new PNR..

An amendment / reissue would normally be on the same tickets. Just the same as if you amended your return flights when you were overseas. Easiest and most practical solution.
That doesn't seem correct? Whenever I have a change to a booking (change flights/dates/POUG/UuA etc) I get a "your booking has changed email" and a new ticket number. This is my experience for several years now tbh - and those of us who used to use myflights will be very familiar with watching for the ticket number change when doing changes.

I happen to have an example where I booked a flight on a basic fare (received first ticket number), then at a later date took a POUG (received a new ticket number, same PNR), then have just done a change to an earlier flight on that route (receive yet another ticket number, same PNR). The ticket was reissued for each change and every time it was a new ticket number.

For the OP's situation if the ticket had been issued prior to doing the change I would have expected the change of flight to require a reissued ticket with a new ticket number, the PNR would remain the same. The only thing I can think of is as the change was done in the first 24 hours perhaps there is some reason a ticket would not be reissued?