FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:10 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
I really hope that the LTPP level is not meaningless given all the parameters they set to qualify for it. It would be sort of cruel for the new program to create such controversy regarding qualification requirements for LTPP without any substance behind it. Right now, the only additional benefit we know of so far is a small additional earning bonus. I hope there is more than that -- maybe some upgrade priority, etc.?
I had been more hopeful when the new combined program was originally announced and LTPP was to require MR LTP status with no exceptions. Now that everyone and their dog can get LTPP with only 750 lifetime nights and ten years total with 25 SPG stays, 50 SPG nights, or 50 MR nights (or five years total of participation in hotel frequent sleeper programs, with no Plat status ever required and not ever a single year of 50+ nights in a single program required), I fear that my hard earned LTPP from MR LTP won't be worth much.