FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Randomly Changes My Seats
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:35 pm
TemboOne

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
OK Folks - The responses here are confusing me!

It seems that regardless of when the seat switch is pulled, the overall consensus seems to be that you have to just grin and bear it; too bad - so sad!

I just can't believe that of the many members (and lurkers) on here, no one has been confronted by an attemped seat switch and just refused to travel!!!

Of course the more luggage you've checked the better position you're in, particularly if it's a switch at the gate - or maybe you're already onboard and you discover the "mistake" on your boarding pass.

AC is going to move heaven and earth to try everything to avoid having to locate all your checked luggage and offload it if you don't fly!

A flight delayed for this reason makes absolutely no senses, but if it's the result of AC trying to appease VIPs or SEs and "too bad" to regular fare paying passengers, then "so sad" for all.

A passenger refusing to accept a replacement seat just so another can be appeased resulting in a delayed departure and late arrival at destination carries consequences for many!

And forget about CBC; Pat Forin at CTV will be quite happy to take this topic for a ride on the airwaves.

Last edited by TemboOne; Jun 25, 2018 at 8:41 pm