FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:15 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by flyer4512
A lot of people also seem to play ( what I consider) foolish games with Chase where they cancel a card to avoid the AF but do it late enough so that they still get the bonus miles, free night, etc

I actually did that by mistake this year, I cancelled a Hyatt card that I had open for 3 years as I didn't have any use for the free night and 2 weeks later the free night pops up in my account.
I plan to do this with my Chase Marriott Business card - I'm going to cancel it after the anniversary free night posts in my account. The free night is part of the initial offer; as far as I am aware, nowhere does Chase state that you must pay another annual fee to retain the anniversary free night. If anything, it's Chase that is "gaming" the customer - by timing the free night at the anniversary date, they are banking on the fact that people will pay another annual fee.

(I crack myself up - Chase, "banking on the fact", self high five.)

Last edited by Diplomatico; Jun 25, 2018 at 6:33 pm