FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:56 pm
pallhedge

Originally Posted by Happy
Isn't that there is a blogger touted "trick" to lower the Ritz Card's CL to avoid the AF? And it was speculated as one of the potential factors triggering review / shut down in recent months?
Originally Posted by blitzen
That is not know as he has 2 cards with an unknown CL split " Chase was less than $7000 (1 ritz card and 1 marriott business card)"
It turns out that OP has been pretty cryptic. I made my earlier comment based on OP's original claim on Reddit that both open cards had "credit limits of $5000 or so." Later, OP posted on Reddit and here that it was less than $7k combined. OP has also posted on Reddit that they and their SO have not paid an AF for the Ritz card since they got them. As it turns out, @Happy was spot on.

On Reddit, OP also shared this: "I'm lol/24 in non-chase cards, tons of non-chase inquiries (approx 2-3 per month) and non-chase card accounts (over 20 per year). I've only held chase cards which are outside the 5/24 restriction." OP also shared that they applied for the Chase IHG (another non-5/24 card) a week prior to being shut down.