FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:58 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by chongl
I'm working on this right now and will have about another 10 meetings to hit the night requirement (already did close to 20 so far). As others have done, this is future proofing for me since just 1 good upgrade could be worth the return, and I plan to have many future stays with Marriott.
same here. plan to stay often at Starriott in the future, hence my consideration for this meeting run. any issues with finding the right hotels and using the GPT?

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Here are the present posted Rewarding Events Terms and Conditions. Scroll down to the bottom left of the page. Term 9 dictates you get ten nights per meeting. The rules have not changed recently. The rules in force at the time of your meeting are what dictate what you are rewarded. Show him these rules. Elevate if necessary.
i would also note term 7:
Qualifying Event charges – food, beverages, meeting room rental, audio visual equipment, and décor ordered by the hotel and paid for on a master account. Guest room rate charges also qualify only when contract has a minimum of ten (10) guest rooms actualize for at least one (1) night of the Event (with or without catering). Qualified guest room charges earn Points or Miles for the Member whether they are paid for on a master account or paid for by the individual guest in the room.

no where does it say your meeting room rental must be accompanied by 10 guest rooms.