FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2018 onwards)
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:27 am
eccentricfusion

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
The only MasterCards I do have are the ones that were once store cards such as Sears Toys r Us and Walmart. And I'm assuming these are not the right cards for a mortgage payment in conjunction with plastiq. Even if they may be I'm not sure I'd even want to use them as I'm only looking to collect points for travel. So what is the right MC card to have for this . Just trying to get an understanding of how I can make paying my mortgage contribute to travel points.
There are Citi AAdvantage MC cards. You can use Plastiq to meet MSR for those cards, even if you don't plan to continue using them. The Citi TY cards are also MC. There are definitely options out there, whether or not they are worth it are dependent on your situation. I might consider getting the Citi TY cards again, personally, after meeting MSR for all the cards I have open right now, even though I didn't find the TYP program as strong as AMEX MR or Chase UR.