FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:40 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Why in the world would a legacy MR member whine? Everything about the program has improved since the merger was announced. They would be grasping at straws to complain at this point.
Maybe because the achievements to earn lifetime status have suddenly changed?

I'm sure there are member who have been diligently working towards the lifetime points goal for lifetime platinum, but who are still far enough away that they can't get there by the end of this year? Meanwhile, there's a new requirement for years or status that was never measured before.

If I'm correct about my own lifetime status years, 2018 will be #9 for me, and LTPP will be forever out of reach. In hindsight, I could have stayed enough nights in 2017 for #9 , so that this year would have been #10 . I predicted my likely 2018 stay pattern, and with most nights at limited service properties where status means little, I had no incentive at the time to requalify. Had I known years of status would matter in the future, I would have.

There's your whine.