FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:51 am
Asya86

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
There is no "voucher" as such. You have to contact Omega for the details (I say this in case it changed, and I don't want you to rely on this post), but essentially what they said to me was;

1. Book any BA operated flight, originating in London on 125 ticket stock.
2. When it comes to payment, put a false security number so that the transaction fails
3. Apparently the booking will still be created
4. Then you need to phone in to Omega, they will apply the discount and take payment over the phone, issue the ticket.

I haven't got around to actually doing any of the above. I would be interested if anyone has done so.

Thanks Rich
I purchased with Omega. The whole thing was a shambles. They didn't notify me, I called them on Monday night a week ago, after I heard from other Israelis in London that their flights to Tel Aviv was cancelled. They claimed I could only get the discount once my refund came in. When on Friday it hadn't come in yet (in fact a week later it still hasn't!) I called them and said I am sick of it and I want to re-book as they kept raising the price, so much so it got higher than BA directly!
They then e-mailed me while on the phone with the details and asked me to confirm via e-mail. The original price had been 190GBP and they gave me a 100GBP discount plus a 25GBP Omega discount that came out as 256GBP which wasn't so bad (as flight appeared to cost 419GBP by that day). They then generated a payment link and I had to pay while on the phone. The link wouldn't let me pay with Amex, unlike the original booking, and they claimed they don't take Xmex, so I gave in. After a few hours I received confirmation and was able to enter the booking into my BA executive club.
Note - they took my old booking number and based the order on that, I don't think anyone would be able to get the discount if they hadn't been affected.
Just happy it's over and I have a ticket which was pretty cheap, but it was a lot of stress and phone calls.