FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:32 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by mexfly
Would you guys recommend the JW Grosvenor House or the Marriott Park Lane? They are the exact number of points. I will be there in a few weeks. Thanks!
There is a well-established thread on all properties in London with this question, which has been asked and answered many times. See here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...gland-259.html.

In my opinion, it depends on who you are and what you like to do. Both hotels are close enough to each other that the location is, more or less, the same.

Some people have disagreed when I said this in the past, but I think the J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House is a little closer to a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Some of the staff who work there are excellent. Candice and Laura in guest relations always get the little things right <[email protected]>

However, renovations are underway, which means you may or may not get a refreshed room. I will say the refreshed rooms are a little disappointing, as the bathrooms weren't updated. Basically, all they did was refresh the carpeting, window curtains, some new furniture, and install proper king beds (as opposed to twins pushed together). There are still issues, for example, with the number of electrical outlets. They also still have instant coffee and a kettle.

I stay here a week every year and will do so again this year, though it could be my last year here because I suspect it will become considerably more expensive with the new, post-August award-redemption chart and then variable pricing in 2019.