FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YVR Do September 14-16, 2018
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:17 am
nomadic.relief

I created a wiki with attendance based on what I could determine from posts above. Feel free to edit as appropriate!

I should have further news in regard to the float plane tours later this week.

As to the previously asked questions of where to book your hotel, Downtown Vancouver is the most centrally located area, but I realize hotels are stupidly priced that time of year. There are a couple people who have mentioned staying closer to the Broadway SkyTrain Station, which is maybe a 7-10 minute walk and then the same for the ride to downtown. Airbnb might be another solid option, heaven knows there's enough contention about housing going to that sort of "transient" population! If going that route, Gastown, Yaletown, and Coal Harbour are most central, but False Creek is also reasonable for a walker.

Fair warning, busses and SkyTrain are great for getting around the downtown core (Google maps is more than sufficient for coordinating routes, stops, times), but we do NOT have Uber. There seem to be lots of taxis, but as someone who lives in the 'burbs, I do not have a good relationship with them (many a denied ride late at night), short profitable rides should be smoother.