FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:50 pm
kauppias

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Anyone ever book a meeting online and then just never have the hotel or anyone in regional sales reach out to them?

I booked it four weeks ago - it was actually my local CY, and the meeting was yesterday. I was just down the street and checked out my meeting just for kicks it was a nice little room, I was officially listed and all.

However - I was never charged a deposit, never got any contract. I wouldn't mind getting out of this one, as this was my first attempt at an Event and I paid $150, and now wouldn't mind replacing that with another of my $50-$75 contacts I've made.

Thanks.

After the fact might be tricky but it shpuöd NPT be a issue if if you didnt check in just say say did noy hear from the property so you assumed it was cancelled.

I have had properties send me the contract 12hours before a meeting but not had one not respond to a direct reservation before. Only had quotes be blown off...