FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:31 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Wow...where to begin

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm offended that some SPG people consider me scum of the earth when I sleep in a MR bed (some of us can't always choose our hotels) even though I'm one of them too as an upstanding and honorable SPG LTP.
Any quotes reflecting this? Otherwise you are just creating fake news. There is no shortage of SPGers (myself included) who have stayed at Marriott properties. No one is openly or subtlety attacking other posters for what legacy company's properties they may stay it. GMAB.

In fact, I lost all sympathy for any SPG whiner when the two threads appeared saying that no MR LTPs should get LTPP and I am fundamentally opposed to any special provisions to enable them to earn LTPP, including the rules that have already been announced for SPG LTPs with 750+ nights.
As the OP of that thread, I stand by it now more than ever. Marriott has done many things well, but assigning a caste system for SPG vs. MR when it came to lifetime Plat status was one of their finer moments (especially since the new LTP is as good if not better net-net than prior MR LT Plat).

Had they had the "750 night" rule from the start, I would have had never had the need to start the post, and thankfully the company came to its senses.

After all, the SPG program never gave lifetime status above PlatMinus, certainly not at the Plat75 level.
Once again - there is no PlatMinus. There is only Plat. After all, if there was such a caste system among SPG Plat levels, as a semi-lowly Plat50 I doubt you would have gotten the nice European property upgrade you posted about the other day.