FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Will AA continue to pull back in NYC?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:12 pm
Adelphos

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by morrisunc
I really prefer AA (esp the flagship lounge) when flying out of NYC, but not that I'm a full-time NYC resident I'm finding it hard to stay with them. I've had two BOM trips and I took United on the EWR nonstop which sucked. I've booked a trip to Portugal in Delta One because I'm not going to fly through PHL when I can go nonstop. I've moved all of my RDU-LGA flights to Delta because I'm not sitting on a crappy e-140 after 3 cancellations in 2 months. I've kept my JFK-LHR monthly flights on AA because it's the best product. I've even booked 3 Allegiant flights to visit my parents in Asheville so I can fly nonstop over the summer. I really value my CK status, but I'm not going to fly through PHL and LHR every time I want to fly to Europe to keep it. I will make GS on United ONLY because I have to fly to BOM ~10 times this year and I'm not flying Air India. If Delta really does open up BOM from JFK I will prob shoot for 360 status and move my LHR flying to Virgin and Delta (which isn't as good as AA), but I really wish AA would give me SOME reason to keep flying them. Hint hint. Keeping my bi-monthly visits to see kids in Raleigh on 2-class RJs would be a huge step in the right direction.
in your case, why not just maintain elite status on all three major carriers (it seems like you have the travel to do it)