FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barc cashed my MO meant for another bank
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:51 pm
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by tuphat
What about option 3: ask for refund of credit balance on the card to which payment was applied?
Barclays received an Amex payment form (I guess the paper payment slip to pay the account balance) along with a $1000 MO made out payable to Amex. Barclays has no idea who the MO belongs to and I suspect no idea who sent it in. So someone in accounting is dealing with a deposit that was made (to who knows whom) which was not credited to the OP. It sounds like he has all the documentation that will back up his claim that the MO was his. However, this is going to put eyes on his account, and given the history he has related, means that Barclays is going to find out about his MSing.
While he may recover his 1 grand, it will almost assuredly mean the demise of his accounts.

So yes, he could ask for a credit balance but that is not going to change the fate that appears to await him. I just wonder if he closes his accounts before shut down whether that will make any difference in his ability to reopen in say 1 or 2 years from now. I have no idea.