FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections pt1: Looking at Marriott Rewards – SPG Lifetime Plat perspective
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:02 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I can do better: I have NEVER gotten even one night credit for having a certain credit card, spending on a credit card, doing a "meeting" or event, or claiming credit for a second or third room. All of my nights have been either BIB or on the MR side, rollover according to the program T&C that I was apparently unable to reject.
Similar here. I am at about double what is needed for MR LTP and I do not think rollover had kicked in nor did I have the cc yet nor I had I given my birthday to Marriott yet to get that night. I have gotten credit for a second room maybe 20 times total because I am with a salesperson who is not a MR member so we put my rewards number on the second room. While I often hold meetings our departmental assistant takes the points. She and her husband were able to take a trip to England where she used to live. (Yay!) Ironically, the only meeting I'm sure I got credit for was at the Omaha Sheraton (horrible property) before the merger was even announced. One year I was one night short of requalifying for Plat and Marriott requalified me anyway, And points stays didn't count as credited nights until years after I made LTP.

A very stark difference, at least on FT, is no legacy MR members have been whining. The only time I have seen MR members comment on SPG member eligibility was when many of us complained that SPG members with at least 750 night should get LTPP. Even when some SPG members simultaneously berated MR members as cheaters because small number used the meeting nights while asking how to conduct the meetings MR members have stepped forward and helped hundreds of people, without any attitude. No MR members have explained why SPG members should be excluded from any eligibility. It is a stark difference.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jun 24, 2018 at 9:06 pm Reason: It was actually the Omaha Sheraton, not Marriott, which was the awful property. The Marriott there is actually nice.