FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:30 pm
criced

Originally Posted by criced
Guys, its popcorn time 🍿🍿🍿
Just sit back, relax and wait!
Originally Posted by bisonrav
It's rubbish. The Iberia statement explains very clearly that Avios will be issued with or without the flights being taken, and that the risk of negative avios is following a transfer to BAEC. You can't cite the general terms and conditions for redemption (very specific situation) with the t&c of a promotion, and the rules of the promotion haven't been altered during its course. They only have 45 minutes or so to do that, so I'm quite confident it won't happen.

A cynic might say that a naysaying piece at the end of a promo would be bound to get a lot of page views, but his arguments don't hold water. Yes, there are some risks around strict t&c being applied, yes there is a problem with a herd mentality when people pile in and go large, but the points he's arguing are non sequiturs.

Incidentally, if non-flown sectors cause a reclaim of the bonus, you'll know fairly soon. Just don't spend the avios before that and you won't go negative. Someone will hit that situation fairly soon I should think and will report.
Remember this is a 😈 company that dont care about their passengers... Always starts boarding before plane is ready, sold me an upgrade but no business meal loaded onboard, flies A330-200 to desinations so far away that they cant load all bags becouse of weight restrictions etc...